BBA MBA and PostGraduate UnderGraduate Management Courses

IIPM Provide Best BBA MBA and PostGraduate UnderGraduate Management Courses with Global Exposure and 100% Placement

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Akshay Kumar: Destiny Maketh This King

IIPM ranks No 1 in International Exposure in the 'Third Mail Today B-School Survey'

Akshay Kumar reveals that he is what he is today because on one important day he was at the right place, at the right time, in front of the right person. neha sarin in conversation with the tees maar khan.

You made it in this industry with no godfather or even a Khan for a surname. Do you consider this your destiny?

Yes, I do believe in destiny, and hard work along with it. I think 70 per cent is your destiny and 30 per cent is your hard work. It’s a very strange way of talking, but that's what I believe. I am talking from my own experiences in life; you have to be at the right place at the right time, in front of the right person.

I remember a small episode in my life, when I signed my first big modelling assignment. I was not into this film line then. So, I got this modelling assignment, and I was supposed to catch the evening 6 'o' clock flight and you won't believe it, I got up in the morning as usual at 4.30, and started my workout. Then I get a call around 5:45 early in the morning asking me, "Where are you?" I told him that I was exercising, and he said, "How unprofessional of you! You are supposed to be at the airport." Can you believe that I didn't realise that it was a 6 'o' clock early morning flight and not an evening flight! So, I didn't go there and I kept on begging them, asking them to give me another chance, but they didn't listen. I didn't know how to make them understand that it was all a misunderstanding. I lost that assignment, was completely disturbed, my mom and dad were the greatest parents, trying to console me and told me that everything is going to be okay. So, I took my photographs and as usual, I spent the day going from one studio to another studio. I was at Natraj Studio, and I met a man called Pramod Chakravarthy. He saw my photographs and decided to cast me. You won’t believe it, but the time I signed the movie, it was evening 6 'o' clock.

So, wouldn't you say that it was my destiny that I was not supposed to go for the modelling assignment in the morning? I sometimes think that if I had gone in the morning flight, I would have been a model somewhere and I wouldn't be in this line. So, it is your destiny that you are there at the right place. But don't forget your hard work, as it’s your hard work at the end of the day that pays off.

What pushed you to experiment with cinema and shift from being an action star to a comedy king?
It is important for me to give to the audiences what they want. A lot of people tell me that you are doing so many comedies, you should try some serious or some tragedy roles. I fail to understand it, because if you take a look at the last five years, the only films that have worked and have been super hits, have all been entertainers and comedies. People don't want to pay 10 pounds or Rs 250 to just go and cry in a theatre.

One day, I met Priyadarshan and he said, “I have a film called “Hera Pheri” and I want you to do it; it's a comedy.” I replied that that's great, but I have never tried my hand at it. Yet he said, "Join me". He made me realise that I have a funny bone.

You’ve always been media friendly, but do controversies, which are relentlessly fanned by the media, ever bother you? Like the recent controversy about Farah Khan casting you instead of SRK in “Tees Maar Khan”?
No, no! First of all, let me tell you that controversies are very far away from me. I am one of the luckiest people who are quite away from all these things. Secondly, this is not a controversy, it’s just being created and if someone comes to me and says that they want to direct a film and this is the story, if I love it, I will do it. And this is exactly what had happened. It’s December now and exactly a year back, she had come to me and I said yes! It’s exactly one year now and we are ready with the movie.

How did it feel to be awarded a Padma Shri?
I feel honoured to be presented an award by the President of India. It was a shocker! I was at my house when I got that call and after three days I was in Delhi being awarded. It was one of the biggest honours. I was really surprised. Later on, when I tried asking them, they told me that it was because I was the highest tax payer continuously for seven years.

Among the new generation of actors and actresses, who do you think could come closest to Akshay Kumar, the actor?
A lot of them could. Ranbir Kapoor is doing a great job, Imran Khan is there and there is this guy from “Band Baaja Baraat” (Ranveer Singh) who is also very good. New talent keeps on coming, and I think they will make it huge. All they need to do is stay focussed.

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
Management Guru Arindam Chaudhuri Dean Business School IIPM
IIPM Excom Prof Rajita Chaudhuri
Kapil Sibal’s voters want Jan Lokpal, not Government-proposed Lokpal Bill
IIPM: What is E-PAT?
"Thorns to Competition" amongst the top 10 best sellers of the week.

IIPM RANKED NO.1 in MAIL TODAY B-SCHOOL RANKINGS
'Thorns to Competition' - You can order your copy online from here
IIPM, GURGAON

Labels: ,

Rashmi Bansal Publisher of JAMMAG magazine caught red-handed, for details click on the following links.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home